If you neighbours are planning on carrying out any of the following works then they are required as a point of law to serve notices on you if you may be affected by the works including the following types of construction works.
- An extension to your home. This can include extensions to the front, side or rear.
- A Loft Conversion to your home.
- Conversion of a basement or garage.
- A new outbuilding to be built within 3m of a neighbours home or outbuilding.
- Alterations, demolition or repairs to a wall, ceiling or floor shared with another property.
- Roofing or weatherproofing works, including to the chimney.
- Construction of a new free standing wall, or the flank wall of a building/extension, close to or astride the boundary with a neighbouring property.
- Excavating and casting foundations within 3 or 6 metres of an adjoining building owned by someone else.